Caregiver Job Description
Joyful Companions Home Care provides non-medical home care services through care and companionship while assisting families with their current needs, so that they can stay in their own familiar environment. Our caregivers serve with love, grace, and a high level of expertise.
We are committed to maintaining our reputation of employing excellent caregivers of solid character and a servants' heart that provide the highest quality of care to our clients. Most of our caregivers are college graduates, have past experience with caregiving, and all are trained in memory care. Caregivers receive training on Alzheimer's disease, assistance with activities of daily living, problem solving techniques with difficult behaviors, and communication skills. We look for a passion for serving seniors and people in need. Individual caregivers are thoughtfully placed with each family as we strive with purpose to match the interests and needs that will foster a long-lasting relationship. Caregivers respect important individual client details, preferences, and personal specifications when helping others.
The following qualifications are required:
- A caring heart and a passion for serving others.
- Experience helping others, preferably working with seniors in a home care setting.
- Experience working with Alzheimer's disease and/or dementia is helpful.
- Reliable vehicle, valid driver's license, and current car insurance.
- Ability to carry up to 25 pounds, to be helpful with activities of daily living.
- Flexibility and reliability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Clean background and driving record.
- A minimum of 3 strong personal/character references.